This blog has moved!

If you are not automatically redirected to the new address, please direct your browser to
http://www.juxtaservices.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Countdown To Bl@khAt


Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be heading down to Vegas for Blackhat USA 2006 at Caesar's Palace. This is one of the world's top security/hackeresk conferences, but is geared towards security professionals rather than other hacker conferences such as HOPE or Defcon.

I will be attending 2 of the training sessions on Sat.-Sun. and then Mon.-Tues. which are "Ultimate Hacking: Black Hat Edition", which covers penetration testing and hardening, and "Advanced Database Security Assessment" which covers security issues obviously related to databases.

Props to my employer Doba for sponsoring this surely enlightening trip to Sin City. I will be taking the rest of the week off after the conference to hit the California coast with my family, but keep posted for more details and my impresssions on the conference once I get the chance to dish it out. I am a little disappointed that I can't stick around for Defcon, which starts right after my training sessions end, but I'm sure the beach will compensate me for it. Until then, it's happy trails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home